In its 8th year, the Florida Community Health Worker Coalition’s Annual Community Health Worker (CHW)
Summit is being held in Orlando, Florida on September 14-15, 2018. This multi-day event offers workshops,
training, and networking opportunities to CHWs, patient navigators, supervisors, allies, and advocates.
This year’s conference theme is “CHWs Touching Lives, Promoting Equity and Transforming Communities”. The
Summit Program Planning Committee is seeking workshop proposals on topics that can connect with the
theme and/or themes of health and health care and community health workers.
The committee is particularly interested in workshops around the following:
● Community Health Worker programs and specific service delivery model
● Opioid and other substance use disorders
● Chronic disease management, especially diabetes, hypertension, and asthma
● Behavioral Health/Mental Health
● Health Equity
● Integration of Oral Health into Primary Care
● Innovative Research
● Patient Centered Care
● HIV/AIDS and STDs
● Programs and partnerships that address social determinants of health
Workshops are expected to last approximately 60 minutes including Q&A or discussion time. * Any handouts/
supplemental materials necessary for the workshop are to be provided by the presenter 10 days prior to the
Summit. Download the form below.
Deadline to apply: June 15, 2018