The full CCHW Certification Requirements are:
- Formal Education: High School Diploma, General Equivalency Degree or higher. (was not required during grandfathering period)
- Training: 30 hours of training in specified content areas.
- Related Experience: 500 hours of related paid or volunteer experience.
- Letters of Recommendation: 3 total: one supervisory recommendation, two personal/character and/or supervisory recommendations. (only 2 were required during grandfathering period)
- Written Exam: Earn a passing score on the 100 multiple-choice item written exam. (exam was not required during grandfathering period)
Please carefully review the CCHW Candidate Guide for full standards and policy requirements: